samedi 20 août 2011

Pistache et Dame Tartine by Noëlle Lavaivre, 1959 !








Noëlle Lavaivre was born in 1930 in Chamonix in France and works in Paris.
She still works as a designer in advertising and audio-visual and has made numerous generic animation for the television as well as a puppet tv show called "Les Patapluches".
She's an author and an illustrator of children books and crafts books.

This book is beautiful, i think it's one of the most crazy book that i've ever seen !
I like the choice of colors but what fascinates me most is the mix between drawings and food pictures... It works perfectly ! What an imagination !!! 


6 commentaires:

  1. Oh !!! My lovely fiancée and future wife offered me this amaing book !!!! ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. @ Emmanuel : Wow !!! Your have a very nice fiancée because this book is very hard to find :D
    @ Laura : You're welcome !!! I really like your blogs by the way :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I remember this book from my elementary school library in Ottawa,Canada.
    It was verz influential for me as i work in the animation industry.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. @ Jean : Oh ! Really ? It was the same book or an English version of it ? :)
    I'm very curious to know if an English version of this book exists.

    RépondreSupprimer

Karel en mienet written by Mariejte Witteveen and illustrated by Eddy Dukkers, circa 1950.

Karel en mienet is one of my favorite illustrated book. I'm still looking for Karel en mienet 2, if you have it and...