mardi 27 septembre 2011

What Makes Day And Night illustrated by Helen Borten, 1961
































This book is part of a collection of children's science book written by Franklyn M. Branley who was Astronomer and Chairman at the American Museum-Hayden Planetarium in New York City. 
Some of his books are illustrated by Helen Borten who has illustrated several books for children.
Helen Borten was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and was graduated from the Philadelphia Museum College of Art. She lives with her husband in Lafayette Hill and has two sons called Peter and Laurence.
Enjoy her beautiful work !!! 

3 commentaires:

  1. Yes, I have this, it's one of my favourites. i have quite a few from this collection, the illustrations are brilliant!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh !!! You're so lucky !!! I have only two books from this collection !!! :)
    I hope i'll find other books !!! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This book looks great... I was struggling to explain the sun and the moon and how it all works to my 4 year old the other day - this would have been perfect! The illustrations are so good too.

    RépondreSupprimer

Karel en mienet written by Mariejte Witteveen and illustrated by Eddy Dukkers, circa 1950.

Karel en mienet is one of my favorite illustrated book. I'm still looking for Karel en mienet 2, if you have it and...